I'm always looking for cool vintage images to add to my mixed media art & jewelry. I have a huge collection/archive. Huge. Really huge. But sometimes when I'm making jewelry I need a really small detailed image and Luna Girl has a great selection. I'm challenging myself in a new way by joining the Luna Girl Design Team. I'll be creating mixed media jewelry and art that will be featured on their blog. The theme for October is "gothic". I know I'm going to have fun with this one!
To make this necklace I:
1) Found a photo I liked, glued it on cardboard and copped it off with ice resin.
2) Cut a rectangle slightly longer than my photo from a sheet of 24 gauge copper and wrapped it around the photo, overlapping the top and the bottom.
3) Punched two holes in the bottom and the top of the metal wrapped photo. I used tiny screw and nuts to attach the bottom. I used 16 gauge wire to attach the top.
4) Used Glue 6000 to glue on a the vintage rhinestones.
5) Attached the pendant to the necklace using a piece of 16 gauge copper wire.